The short answer is yes. A BHI project manager looks over a roof before they give the ok to put shingles over shingles.
When can’t you put shingles over shingles?
- If your roof already has two layers of shingles.
- Your current shingles are in poor shape.
- Your roof has signs of water damage.
- Your roof cannot support the weight of another layer of shingles.
Why do roofers recommend a complete tear-off?
- When shingling over shingles, it is possible to miss damage.
- If selling your home, shingles are on top of shingles; it puts up a red flag to inspectors.
- The cost of a complete tear-off is affordable when compared to the benefits it provides.
Have questions about what you should do? Give us a call at 440-843-8987 or visit www.bhiroof.com/contact complete our online form.